External auditor objectivity and independence: non-audit services
The general policy of iib is that the Group should only engage the Auditor to supply non-audit services in exceptional circumstances.
The Audit Committee of the Board ensures compliance with the Policy and has the sole authority to approve the use of the Auditor for non-audit services.
Services that are prohibited include:
- Design and implementation of financial information systems
- Internal control and risk management services
- Actuarial services
- Internal audit outsourcing
- Provision of management and human resources functions
- Broker or dealer, investment advisor or investment banking services
- Legal services
- Expert services unrelated to the Group Statutory Audit